Zuri the Zebra.
Pg 1 Zuri was a zebra or at least that’s what she was told, for Zuri looked different to the other zebras as she was born with no stripes.
Pg 2 One day Zuri decided to go out in search of her stripes, along the way she bumped into Timothy the tiger. Timothy has stripes, she thought. So she went and asked, “do you have my stripes?” Timothy replied, “no, I only have tiger stripes.”
Pg 3 So on Zuri went when she met Leo the lemur. “Do you have my stripes?” She asked. “I’m afraid I only have my tail stripes,” said Leo. “Maybe you should visit Billy the bee, he has some stripes.”
Pg 4 So once again on Zuri trotted until she found Billy the bee, and again she asked, “do you have my stripes?” “I’m sorry but I only have buzzy bee stripes,” replied Billy.
Pg 5 Now Zuri was beginning to feel sad, but she didn’t give up for she had spotted Sally the skunk. Sally has black and white stripes like the other zebras, thought Zuri. So Zuri once again asked the question, “do you have my stripes?” But Sally skunk replied with, “no, I only have my smelly skunk stripes.”
Pg 6 Zuri began to head back home when she saw a little girl wearing stripes. The girl walked over and told Zuri her name was Harriet and that she had something for Zuri. Wow, thought Zuri, and for the final time asked, “do you have my stripes then?” Harriet replied “I don’t have your stripes but what I do have is my old striped Pyjamas, would you like them?” “Oh yes please!” Cried Zuri
Pg 7 "Thank you!” She shouted as she ran to play with the other zebras, happy now that she had her own stripes.
The end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment